Free Teacher GCSE/ A-Level Spanish and Portuguese Lessons
The Department for Education (DfE) has again given the Lambeth Teaching Schools Alliance funding to run five free teacher training sessions for GCSE/ A-Level Spanish and Portuguese.
Sarah Botchway, Associate Headteacher of Vauxhall Primary School, recently approached The Supply Room with the fantastic news for Secondary teachers.
This fully-funded training will be delivered online over five Saturday sessions, starting on 16 January 2021.
Each session includes 6hrs teaching time.
GCSE/ A-Level Spanish and Portuguese Course Objectives:
- Familiarise oneself with cutting-edge theories and practice in Second Language.
- Refresh and consolidate language competence and skills in Portuguese & Spanish.
- Be taught by experienced tutors in Secondary and HE education.
- Develop strategies to support students through their language learning experience and formative assessment.
- Obtain a CPD as part of the training course.
Delivered in English and will comprise a theoretical reflection, with practical examples, on some key aspects of the new GCSE and A level programme. Focus will be on the four language skills, on using translation as a teaching tool and on the use and design of authentic teaching material based on the Task-Based Approach to language teaching and learning (15hrs).
Will expand the content presented in the morning with practical Portuguese & Spanish GCSE and A Level examples based on the Task-Based Approach, with the possibility to share ideas and teaching material and to do some micro-teaching sessions (15hrs).
- Teachers not currently teaching MFL:
- with post A level MFL qualifications.
- who have good A level qualifications.
- who are native/ near native speakers.
- Non-specialist teachers currently teaching MFL in addition to their specialist subject.
- Specialist MFL teachers who are not currently teaching MFL and who need refresher training to enable a move back to an MFL role.
- Specialist MFL teachers who have the capacity to teach a new language in addition to their language specialism.
- Teachers who are looking to return to the profession.
- Overseas trained teachers.
The course is free for Secondary MFL qualified teachers in place or planning to return to work. The Department of Education is funding the course with the support of the LTSA and delivered by the MLC.
For more information, or for a full application pack, please contact Sarah Botchway on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re a secondary teacher seeking a new role, register your CV on our website here. Let’s Find Your Classroom!
Stay updated with all the latest news here.