DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Data Protection Policy – Updated 02/02/2021
1 – Collection and use of personal data;
A – Purpose of processing and legal basis
TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
In some cases, we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
• Consent provided freely by anyone wishing to use the work-finding services offered by the Company.
• Legitimate Interest
• Legal obligation
• Contractual obligation
• Legitimate interest
B – Legitimate interest
This is where TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) has a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
• We require your personal data to assist you with the recruitment process.
C – Recipient/s of data
TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
• Schools, nurseries, universities, colleges, or any other educational institutions (Our Clients & Potential New Clients)
• Disclosure and Barring Service – Should a new enhanced DBS Check be required.
• Ucheck Ltd – To process DBS applications.
• Civil & Corporate Security Limited – Should a Barred List Check be required.
• Our Accounting and Payroll Company – For candidates who secure work through the Company
• Anfold Software Ltd – To obtain signed timesheets for completed work electronically.
D – Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g., our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data is that you will not be able to use the services offered by TSR Education Ltd.
2 – Overseas Transfers
TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein.
3 – Data retention
TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
4 – Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to be informed about the personal data TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) processes on you;
• The right of access to the personal data TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) processes on you;
• The right to rectification of your personal data;
• The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
• The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
• The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
• The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
• The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting data protection officer of The Company; David Dos Santos via email on email@example.com or by calling The Company on 0203 950 0632.
There may be circumstances where TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that TSR Education Ltd (The Supply Room) processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data, we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
5 – Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact the data protection officer of The Company; David Dos Santos, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling The Company on 0203 950 0632.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.